1-1 chats are private chats between one participant and one employee, and they are designed to be pre-scheduled in the lead-up to the event. Depending on what your event organizer offers, 1-1 chat requests can be initiated by both employees and participants. Here's how to review incoming requests from participants, if you'd like to send requests for 1-1 chat to participants, click here.
Configuring your availability
To configure your 1-1 chat schedule go to Events in the top navigation bar, click on the event and locate the 1-1 Chat tab.
- The number of 1-1 chat slots allocated to your company is indicated here
- If it's your first time configuring your 1-1 chat schedule, click on "Set Availability".
- To edit your schedule later on or to add more slots, click the "More Options" button (indicated by the three vertical dots).
Durations available are configured by your event organizer and you can only offer one duration per event day (i.e. for multi-day events, you can choose a different duration for each day). Select your available time slots by choosing individual slots or click in "Select all".
If you'd like to provide participants with more information on who you're looking to speak with, fill in the sections to define the background, level of experience, languages, topics you'd like to discuss, or add a customized question for them to answer (this does not filter participants out). When you're happy with all the information and slots, click on "Confirm Availability" to save and publish your schedule. Only when this is done will participants be able to begin sending you requests.
Reviewing incoming requests
The process for participants to request a 1-1 chat with you take place in three steps:
- Requested tab: You receive a 1-1 chat request from a participant, and choose to approve or decline the request. If you decline a request, please include a short message where you could even suggest another colleague for a chat or to your live booth during the event.
- In Scheduling tab: Approved participants pick a time slot in your schedule.
- Confirmed tab: After a participant picks an available time slot, the 1-1 chat is confirmed. Should you need to reschedule or cancel a confirmed 1-1 chat, click the more options button (three dots).
- Completed tab: After a 1-1 chat has taken place, you can look at who you've spoken to in this tab
When approving 1-1 incoming requests from participants, please ensure that you have slots available. Your available slots are displayed in the grey box at the top (indicated by the arrow).
Accessing confirmed 1-1 chats
During the live event, you can access a confirmed 1-1 chat through either the 1-1 Chat or My Schedule tab. Simply click on “Join” button to access the chat.
At the bottom of your screen, you’ll be able to share your screen, configure your microphone and camera, as well as to get in touch with Talentspace support if you need some assistance. In addition to interacting via video, you’ll be able to chat with the participant on the right side of the screen.
If you'd like to initiate a 1-1 chat with a participant instead, you can follow the steps detailed here.